- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
- Ad Man Scott Howell Back At It After Cardiac Arrest
The Senate could move ahead at breakneck pace on bipartisan legislation to address the VA scandal — after just as swiftly voting to block a partisan student loan refinancing bill.
A test vote on the student loan measure championed by Democrats and led by Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts is set for Wednesday, and despite the vocal support of Democrats and an outside public relations push, it is going nowhere fast.
Majority Leader Harry Reid said the VA bill could move ahead quickly at his weekly news conference.
"I hope we can bring it to the floor in the next 24 hours, 48 hours at the most," the Nevada Democrat said. "And if people want amendments on the veterans bill, they should be able to have amendments on it."