- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid missed the ending of Sunday evening's Miss USA pageant, but Monday on the Senate floor, he offered praise for the young woman who won — a fellow Nevadan.
The Nevada Democrat called Nia Sanchez "gifted beyond her physical beauty."
"I'm disappointed that I kind of caved in in watching the final of the USA, Miss USA contest because Miss Nevada won, and I'd like to have seen that," Reid said. "I placed a call to her and I'll talk to her as soon as she gets out of the clouds, where I'm sure she is now. But I congratulate the newly crowned Miss USA and that is our own Nia Sanchez."