- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
The May 31 prisoner swap freeing Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl in exchange for five Taliban detainees drew the ire Tuesday of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Vice Chairman Saxby Chambliss, who told reporters he was not properly notified of the transfer.
“I haven’t had a conversation with the White House on this issue in a year and a half,” the Georgia Republican said. “And if that’s keeping us in the loop, then this administration is more arrogant than I thought they were.”
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said he was notified on May 31, but did not remember whether it was before or after the public release.