- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Rep. Luis V. Gutiérrez criticized House Republicans for failing to move legislation forward to overhaul the nation's immigration system with only 18 House legislative days remaining before the July 4 recess.
The Illinois Democrat then added that President George W. Bush, "will go down in history as the last Republican president," as a result of Republican inaction on immigration.
"Even with a majority of Republican voters supporting immigration reform ... the positions Republican candidates feel they must take in order to win over their base make them unelectable when they face the American people in the general election," Gutiérrez said on the House floor Tuesday. "If you do nothing on immigration, I guess you can take comfort in knowing that from Abraham Lincoln to George W. Bush, you had a pretty good run."