- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki faced a barrage of bipartisan outrage Thursday morning, with senators from both parties pointing to systemic problems at the department he manages. But when asked by Nevada Republican Dean Heller why he shouldn’t resign, the secretary said his post was not a job, but a mission.
"I came here to make things better for veterans," Shinseki said. "We're not done yet, and I intend to continue this mission until I've satisfied either that goal or I'm told by the Commander-in-Chief that my time has been served."