- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
As Democrats mull whether to participate in the special committee to investigate the 2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya, Speaker John A. Boehner announced the GOP slate from the House floor on Friday afternoon.
The Ohio Republican read off the names of the selected members before a chamber hushed in anticipation.
The appointees are Lynn Westmoreland of Georgia, Jim Jordan of Ohio, Peter Roskam of Illinois, Mike Pompeo of Kansas, Martha Roby of Alabama and Susan Brooks of Indiana. Boehner named Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., as the chairman-designate earlier this week.