- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
During Senate floor debate Wednesday over authorizing funds for the Department of Veterans Affairs in 18 states, Veterans Affairs Chairman Bernard Sanders criticized members for jumping to conclusions over alleged misconduct at VA facilities, including in Phoenix, Ariz., which has received extensive media attention following a CNN report last week.
"I am not a lawyer, but I did learn enough in school to know that you don't find somebody guilty without assessing the evidence," the Vermont Independent said. "And frankly, just because CNN says something, doesn't always make it the case."