- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
- Ad Man Scott Howell Back At It After Cardiac Arrest
Rep. Vance McAllister's affair put the spotlight on sexual relationships between members of Congress and their aides, but "he was not the tipping point" for the lawmaker pushing mandatory sexual harassment training for all House offices.
"We've had plenty of incidents before him," Rep. Jackie Speier, D-Calif., told CQ Roll Call on Thursday, in reference to the Louisiana Republican. "The truth is, there's a vulnerability that I've thought for a long time needed to be fixed."