- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Minority Whip Steny H. Hoyer on Thursday tried to get an answer from Majority Leader Eric Cantor on when Republicans would bring up an immigration overhaul.
While Hoyer criticized Republicans for not bringing up their own piecemeal legislation for a vote on the House floor, the Virginia Republican repeatedly tried to shift the conversation to the Presidentís healthcare law. The Maryland Democrat was unbowed, however, even as he acknowleged and mocked the Republicansí opposition to Obamacare.
The chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee said last month that immigration reform would happen in late 2014.