- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The California delegates arrive at the 1912 Republican National Convention at the Chicago Coliseum via stagecoach. The GOP convention ran June 18-22 and President William Howard Taft was nominated for a second term. California gave 11 of its 13 electoral votes to the candidate the Republicans didn’t choose — former President Theodore Roosevelt, who ran a third-party race. The winner, Woodrow Wilson, got the other two. Taft carried only Utah and Vermont.