- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The 112th Congress didnít accomplish much. But in its waning days unencumbered by electoral politics, it has the opportunity to make a lasting impression. We are a nation that is $16 trillion in debt, with trillion-dollar deficits. We need lawmakers to tackle our fiscal challenges in an open-minded and serious way, crafting effective, comprehensive proposals to reform our spending and tax policies and entitlement programs. Letís at least get a down payment on that before the end of the year. Our hardworking staff of a dozen found $2 trillion.
Itís Congressí turn. Get to work.
Ryan Alexander is president of Taxpayers for Common Sense.