- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
The 112th Congress didnít accomplish much. But in its waning days unencumbered by electoral politics, it has the opportunity to make a lasting impression. We are a nation that is $16 trillion in debt, with trillion-dollar deficits. We need lawmakers to tackle our fiscal challenges in an open-minded and serious way, crafting effective, comprehensive proposals to reform our spending and tax policies and entitlement programs. Letís at least get a down payment on that before the end of the year. Our hardworking staff of a dozen found $2 trillion.
Itís Congressí turn. Get to work.
Ryan Alexander is president of Taxpayers for Common Sense.