- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
It’s a conservative-leaning district, so Sutton must run several points ahead of the president to win another term. If she loses, Democrats will argue it’s not indicative of her campaign or her abilities as a candidate. Local operatives describe Sutton one of the hardest-working House Members in the state and suggested she would still make a strong statewide candidate next cycle.
“I think it’s drowned out, to be honest with you,” said former Rep. John Boccieri, the Democrat whom Renacci defeated in 2010. “There’s so much negative advertisement on. People who are spending money from now to Election Day, and are running negative ads, are not going to stand out.”