- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Hasen describes how, when an elections and ethics board told hackers to try to expose vulnerabilities in an online voting system, the challenge was quickly met.
To conclude his account, Hasen returns to Wisconsin to illustrate how social media has amplified election controversies. Any future Florida-level meltdown, he writes, will degrade Americans’ confidence in the electoral process — and the government — even more.
“The chances for ‘another Florida’ are all too real. And political provocateurs, now aided by social media, have spent the past decade fighting the Voting Wars in a way that will ensure our next disaster will be far worse,” Hasen writes.comments powered by Disqus