- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Campaign aides would rather not think about the potential anxiety of post-election legal wrangling. Some groan when the topic is broached. Those who would discuss the matter approached it with superstition and dread. “We don’t use the R word around here!” one Democratic operative joked.
Persily had another take.
“I continue to say the election administrator’s prayer: God, whatever happens, don’t let it be close,” he said.