- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Republicans are banking on what they describe as a wealth of opposition research from Carmona’s time as surgeon general, and the Flake campaign has sought to tie Carmona to Obama, who helped recruit him.
Connecticut has not elected a Republican Senator since 1982, and Arizona’s last Democratic Senator was elected in 1988. In a wave election year, though, it would not be noteworthy that either Senate race is in play. It has happened before. In 2006, Sen. Jon Kyl’s (R) re-election raised some concern among Republicans, even though he pulled ahead safely. And McMahon gave Democrats a scare in 2010.