- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
With the right changes to housing policy, we can better ensure that the vital services provided by programs such as Medicaid are reaching people who are in homes that make it more likely that they can become healthier.
Let's start by making sure that the housing and health services that our society's most vulnerable depend on are provided comprehensively, effectively and in ways that make sense. The Medicaid expansion can be combined with key improvements to housing policy to do just that.
Jill Khadduri is a principal associate and senior fellow at Abt Associates. Gretchen Locke is a senior associate at Abt Associates.