- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Americans rely on cancer care providers for lifesaving care. Providers rely on policymakers to advance policies to make this care possible. The CMS' proposed rule misses the mark with potentially devastating consequences. We hope the CMS will reconsider this decision before the proposed regulation is finalized and will instead embark on an open, comprehensive and fact-based process for ensuring that payments are fair and the quality of cancer care is the highest possible.
Because the CMS comment period for this policy ended Sept. 4, it is urgent that lawmakers understand the gravity of the situation American cancer patients face and put a stop to these cuts.
Christopher M. Rose is a practicing radiation oncologist, co-founder of Vantage Oncology and chairman of the Radiation Therapy Alliance Policy Committee.