- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
"The opportunity to bring groups in and give them a voice and an opportunity to express their concerns in front of the Senators is not something I take lightly," Martinez said. "These [Senators] are people with power, and not all of these groups have the voice that I think they need. And for me, I liked reaching out to those who don't necessarily have the access and providing that."
For others looking to get a job on the Hill, Martinez said to be patient and not to dismiss opportunities off Capitol Hill.
"Don't give up," Martinez said. "Things may seem all doom and gloom if this is your only goal, to work here immediately. It took me four years to get to Capitol Hill. ... Sometimes you have to do things to make sure to get to that goal, and don't get discouraged."
Send news of hires and promotions on Capitol Hill to email@example.com.