- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Boehner said the House has acted to avert the cuts that would hurt the nationís ability to protect itself. Of the $1.2 trillion, half would come from security spending, which will force a raft of layoffs from defense contractors.
But Senate Democrats will not take up the measure and instead want to keep the threat of the cuts on the table in an effort to force Republicans to agree to a deficit reduction package that includes tax increases.