- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
Seen here at a Washington Senators game, James S. Sherman was the 27th vice president of the United States, serving under William Howard Taft. A well-liked figure among his colleagues during his time in the House, Sherman was known all his life as “Sunny Jim.” In 1911, Sherman became the first VP to fly on a plane. He is also believed to be the first to throw out a ceremonial first pitch at a Major League Baseball game.