- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Seen here at a Washington Senators game, James S. Sherman was the 27th vice president of the United States, serving under William Howard Taft. A well-liked figure among his colleagues during his time in the House, Sherman was known all his life as “Sunny Jim.” In 1911, Sherman became the first VP to fly on a plane. He is also believed to be the first to throw out a ceremonial first pitch at a Major League Baseball game.