- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
Seen here at a Washington Senators game, James S. Sherman was the 27th vice president of the United States, serving under William Howard Taft. A well-liked figure among his colleagues during his time in the House, Sherman was known all his life as “Sunny Jim.” In 1911, Sherman became the first VP to fly on a plane. He is also believed to be the first to throw out a ceremonial first pitch at a Major League Baseball game.