- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
We can’t lose sight of the threats we’re facing and why these efforts are so crucial to protecting our country. In the months leading up to 9/11, our national security systems warned us about the possibility of a terrorist threat. And we paid for doing nothing.
Today, these clear warnings are again in front of us. This time we know better, and there is no excuse for waiting for safeguards to protect this country and our people.
I urge the Senate to act now.
Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) is chairman of the Commerce Committee.