- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
- Party's History of Establishment Picks Could Be Over
President Franklin Delano Roosevelt was in a happy mood as he boarded his special train for a July 1938 transcontinental trip that ended with a review of the fleet and a Pacific fishing expedition. Seeing FDR off were (from left) Secretary of the Treasury Henry Morgenthau, Attorney General Homer S. Cummings, Secretary of State Cordell Hull and Mrs. Homer S. Cummings.