- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
On the presidential level, the hits kept coming as well. Democrats began dredging up old quotes from Santorum that they charged show a misogynistic streak. At one point, Lautenberg accused Santorum of believing women "should not strive for professional success." And then on Thursday, Santorum rainmaker Foster Friess quipped during an MSNBC interview that, "Back in my days, they used Bayer Aspirin for contraceptives. The gals put it between their knees and it wasn't that costly."
It was a statement that broke through any coverage of transportation bills or payroll tax cut conferences.