- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Lawrence agreed, saying his group has already gathered data on the effect of the new markets tax credit, which provides an incentive for investing in low-income areas. In one case, the credit helped secure financing to renovate an old factory in Baltimore. It’s now a space used as housing for public teachers and for Teach for America.
“Demand has been growing,” Lawrence said. “These are all defensible tax provisions that should be extended.”