- Senate Strikes Deal on Trafficking Bill, Loretta Lynch
- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
Democrats argue that contraception services are a basic health care need and that the modified rule is a compromise that takes into account women’s health and church conscience by switching the burden to the insurer from the employer.
Other possible amendments include a proposal approving the Keystone XL oil pipeline from Canada, which Sen. John Hoeven (R-N.D.) hopes to offer. Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) hopes to offer an amendment to delay and alter boiler pollution regulations.
Daniel Newhauser contributed to this report.