- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Senate Majority Leader Joe Robinson, an Arkansas Democrat, laid out the agenda for 1937 at the year’s first news conference Jan. 2. Some things never change — one of the issues Robinson discussed was balancing the budget. Also on tap were a neutrality act, as war clouds gathered in Europe, and the regulation of hours and wages, the latter by constitutional amendment if necessary.