- Kathleen Matthews Joins Race for Van Hollen's Seat
- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
Senate Majority Leader Joe Robinson, an Arkansas Democrat, laid out the agenda for 1937 at the year’s first news conference Jan. 2. Some things never change — one of the issues Robinson discussed was balancing the budget. Also on tap were a neutrality act, as war clouds gathered in Europe, and the regulation of hours and wages, the latter by constitutional amendment if necessary.