- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Senate Majority Leader Joe Robinson, an Arkansas Democrat, laid out the agenda for 1937 at the year’s first news conference Jan. 2. Some things never change — one of the issues Robinson discussed was balancing the budget. Also on tap were a neutrality act, as war clouds gathered in Europe, and the regulation of hours and wages, the latter by constitutional amendment if necessary.