- Rand Paul's 'Long Haul' Cut Short
- Bernie Sanders as GOP Tool: Their Plan to Use Him Against Democrats
- Can Rubio Follow Romneys Path to the Nomination?
- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
“She’s watching clips from the Republican presidential debates,” said Shaheen’s communications director, Jonathan Lipman. “We figured there’d be plenty of funny stuff in there.”
Long is taking a more laid-back approach.
“I think I’ll just try to be me,” said Long, who was planing on writing down bullet points rather than writing out a full speech. “I might completely change it at the last minute.”
But he has done some research, including watching clips from last year’s dinner. “Chris Coons was awfully good last year,” he said.
No matter what happens tonight, WPC Foundation President Ellen Shearer, director of Medill News Service, is “just hoping that everybody has a great time. I think we’ve got a terrific lineup.”
Proceeds from the event go to the foundation’s internship program, which offers paid internships in political journalism, and its Women in Journalism project, an oral history program.