- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Virginia Beach businessman Paul Hirschbiel (D) announced Monday that he is challenging freshman Rep. Scott Rigell (R) in Virginia’s 2nd district.
Hirschbiel, who grew up in Norfolk, is currently owner and president of Eden Capital consulting firm. As a venture capitalist, he sat on the board of Dell and in 1999 helped found Envest Ventures with now-Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.).
“As a businessman, I’ve helped create jobs in our neighborhood and as a community leader I’ve started bold educational initiatives that provide a bright future for Virginia’s youngest citizens,” Hirschbiel said in a statement.