- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Nevada state Speaker John Oceguera (D) announced Monday he will seek a seat in Congress next year, though he was vague about which district he will run in.
Oceguera, 43, was first elected in 2000 and is currently assistant fire chief of the North Las Vegas Fire Department. With redistricting now in the courts, it’s unclear where he will end up running. However, in his campaign announcement Oceguera referenced a remark made by Rep. Joe Heck (R) of the 3rd district, who recently called Social Security a “pyramid scheme.”