- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Jackson stayed in Israel after the other lawmakers on the trip left late on Aug. 15 in order to attend additional meetings, the Illinois Democrat said. He said he called the Federal Election Commission for verbal guidance on the question of having his re-election campaign cover the tab for the extra days, though he said he didn’t request anything in writing.
“It is impossible on an AIEF trip to meet everyone that you need to meet,” Jackson said in an interview. “There were additional meetings I wanted to have in the West Bank and in Bethlehem while I was there that I had to set up after the trip. ... This was not a vacation for me.”