- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Though many Muslims are immigrants with ties abroad, a survey conducted by the Council on American-Islamic Relations in 2008 found that Muslims vote based on domestic priorities such as education, civil rights, health care and jobs. The community teeters between the parties depending on the issue, according to Robert McCaw, CAIR’s government affairs coordinator.
“There’s a conservative vein that could be taken advantage of, but, in the current political climate, it’s not,” he said.comments powered by Disqus