- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
There is a lot going on in this photo from last year’s State of the Union address. President Barack Obama’s second State of the Union address had a different look and feel from others of the modern era. A number of Members chose to forgo the tradition of segregating themselves by party — including (from left) Sens. John Kerry, John McCain and Tom Udall — and all wore a ribbon to honor Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. But that night’s “Kumbaya” moment didn’t last long, with Congress spending almost all of 2011 locked in policy disagreements.