- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
There is a lot going on in this photo from last year’s State of the Union address. President Barack Obama’s second State of the Union address had a different look and feel from others of the modern era. A number of Members chose to forgo the tradition of segregating themselves by party — including (from left) Sens. John Kerry, John McCain and Tom Udall — and all wore a ribbon to honor Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. But that night’s “Kumbaya” moment didn’t last long, with Congress spending almost all of 2011 locked in policy disagreements.