- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
State Sen. Bob Dutton (R-Calif.) announced Wednesday that he will run in the 31st district, expected to be among the most competitive races in the state.
The Rancho Cucamonga resident and real-estate development firm founder said in a statement that the people of San Bernardino County “just want their representatives to stop the partisan bickering.”
Dutton’s entrance is the latest development in the Democratic-leaning district and follows Rep. Jerry Lewis’ (R) retirement announcement, Rep. Gary Miller’s (R) decision to run there instead of in the 39th, and Redlands Mayor Pete Aguilar’s (D) announcement that he will run for the seat.
Dutton told Roll Call last week that his state Senate district and the 31st overlap considerably, while Miller does not currently represent any of the redrawn district. Still, the National Republican Congressional Committee is backing the incumbent Miller.