- Senate Strikes Deal on Trafficking Bill, Loretta Lynch
- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) noted that Democrats in 2008 provided the votes for the financial industry bailout bill after many Republicans abandoned their leadership and the bill failed on the floor. That caused the Dow Jones industrial average to drop more than 777 points — enough to spook Members into voting for it a few days later.
“I don’t need to see markets drop 400 points, but the Republicans may need to see markets drop 400 points,” she said last week.
John Stanton, Jessica Brady and Daniel Newhauser contributed to this report.