- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services data from last year show that 98.3 percent of employees were confirmed as work-authorized instantly or within 24 hours using E-Verify. A 2009 report by research firm Westat found that those eligible to work are immediately confirmed 99.5 percent of the time.
E-Verify is free, very accurate and reduces paperwork for American businesses. Making it mandatory through passage of the Legal Workforce Act would discourage illegal immigration and open up millions of jobs for American workers.
The time to make E-Verify mandatory is now.
Rep. Elton Gallegly (R-Calif.) is chairman of the Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration Policy and Enforcement.