- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Sen. Charles Schumer (N.Y.), head of the Democrats' policy and communications shop, said in a statement from his office that "on fundamental Democratic issues, Bob Menendez is one of the stalwarts in the Senate and is regarded as a invaluable leader in our party that helps keep us unified."
Ben Dworkin, director of the Rebovich Institute for New Jersey Politics at Rider University, said Menendez remains a solid progressive vote in the Senate despite a few disagreements with Democratic leadership and the White House.
"Most legislators, Senators certainly, would want to be able to say, 'I haven't been in lock step every time, and here is when I haven't been because I believe in the issue,'" Dworkin said.