- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
A Senate Democratic aide said that there is nothing in the pipeline at the moment but also didn't exclude the possibility of more White House recess appointments in the next few weeks or sometime this year. The Senate has not technically adjourned for recess, but the full chamber is not expected to be back in town until Jan. 23.
"We expect the president to continue to respect the Senate's prerogative" on nominations, the aide said, adding that the White House has been "judicious" in its recess appointment strategy.