- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
Senate Democrats dug in on their position that they passed a reasonable, bipartisan bill as a two-month stop-gap measure to ensure that Americans’ benefits do not lapse.
In the face of calls for a conference committee between the Senate’s two-month bill and the House’s full-year bill the chamber passed last week, Democrats say that, as of now, they have no plans to appoint conferees.
Each Senate Democratic leader struck back within the past 24 hours, with Reid saying today that Republicans faced a take-it-or-leave-it choice.
“Senator McConnell and I negotiated a compromise at Speaker Boehner’s request. I will not re-open negotiations until the House follows through and passes this agreement that was negotiated by Republican leaders, and supported by 90 percent of the Senate,” Reid said in a statement.