- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
However, if Reidís mission was to get Jaczko on the commission to kill the Yucca Mountain project, the Majority Leader has largely succeeded.
For more than a year, the NRC has been considering an Energy Department request to close the site, and Jaczko has been accused of delaying that decision, presumably because the commission is not voting to shutter the partially built facility.
At the same time, Obama has attempted to eliminate funding for the Yucca Mountain project since 2010, and recently, the Government Accountability Office issued a report on alternative uses for the site.