- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
- Veteran Democratic Consultants Launch New Media Firm
However, if Reidís mission was to get Jaczko on the commission to kill the Yucca Mountain project, the Majority Leader has largely succeeded.
For more than a year, the NRC has been considering an Energy Department request to close the site, and Jaczko has been accused of delaying that decision, presumably because the commission is not voting to shutter the partially built facility.
At the same time, Obama has attempted to eliminate funding for the Yucca Mountain project since 2010, and recently, the Government Accountability Office issued a report on alternative uses for the site.