- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
There will be no rematch for West Virginia’s 1st district in 2012. Former state Sen. Mike Oliverio has opted not to challenge Rep. David McKinley (R) after announcing in September he would run again.
Oliverio defeated then-Rep. Alan Mollohan in the 2010 Democratic primary. He went on to lose against McKinley in the general by 1,400 votes.
Any Democrat will likely have a more difficult time winning back the seat in 2012, when President Barack Obama will be at the top of the ticket.