- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
The Democratic primary in Michigan’s redrawn 14th district just got a little more crowded, with Southfield Mayor Brenda Lawrence expected to enter the field next month.
“Yes, I will be making a formal announcement in two weeks,” Lawrence said. “I feel strongly there’s a need for a progressive voice, a female.”
Republicans held the pen in the decennial Congressional redraw earlier this year, and they drastically carved up Democratic districts around Detroit. Neither Peters nor Clarke live in the 14th district, but they have both opted to run there in the August primary.