- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
The Democratic primary in Michigan’s redrawn 14th district just got a little more crowded, with Southfield Mayor Brenda Lawrence expected to enter the field next month.
“Yes, I will be making a formal announcement in two weeks,” Lawrence said. “I feel strongly there’s a need for a progressive voice, a female.”
Republicans held the pen in the decennial Congressional redraw earlier this year, and they drastically carved up Democratic districts around Detroit. Neither Peters nor Clarke live in the 14th district, but they have both opted to run there in the August primary.