- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Re-election won't be as easy for Denham, who already has an opponent in his redrawn and more competitive district. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is targeting him with radio ads in hopes of reclaiming the majority.
He will likely face former astronaut and Central Valley native Jose Hernandez (D). Roll Call rates the race Leans Republican.
Even after redistricting, his new district maintains a significant Hispanic population. Denham is fluent in Spanish; he said he learned it for personal reasons: to speak with his wife's grandmother.
"Now my wife and I primarily speak in Spanish when we don't want the kids to know what we're talking about," he said, laughing. "They are learning it now. We need to find a new language."