- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
A poll commissioned by businessman John Delaney shows fluidity in the race for the Democratic nomination in Maryland’s 6th district.
State Sen. Robert Garagiola, the most organized candidate and the perceived Democratic frontrunner, led with 14 percent of the vote. Former Montgomery County Councilwoman Duchy Trachtenberg and Delaney had the support of 9 percent. More than two-thirds of the respondents said they were undecided.
The Democrat with the highest name recognition is Trachtenberg at 37 percent. Garagiola had 35 percent, and Delaney was known among 24 percent of respondents.
Delaney is in the exploratory phase of his campaign. He is expected to announce his intentions soon, but a spokeswoman said his camp is “encouraged by these results.”
The Garin-Yang-Hart polling group conducted the poll.