- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Todd said that Gingrich, who has been in the political arena for so long, “may have a hard time in competing with Obama in the parts of the campaign that talk about the future.”
Perhaps the biggest fear of all among Republicans is that Gingrich rips GOP messaging away from Obama and the economy and toward him.
“You could be planning and working the best campaign with lots of good ammunition,” the plugged-in New York GOP strategist said. “And then instead of standing there at a press conference answering questions about the economy or jobs or the failed stimulus plan, you’re out there trying to duck questions about Newt.”comments powered by Disqus