- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
The Republican National Committee hosted state party representatives from across the country last week in preparation for the 2012 presidential race.
According to a knowledgeable source, staffers from 26 state Republican parties descended on GOP headquarters for a “communications college,” part of an effort by the RNC to sync messaging and efforts to “bracket” President Barack Obama next year between the national and state-based parties.
The 2012 crash course included instruction by representatives from Facebook, Twitter and the digital world on how to maximize social media outreach; a polling presentation on how to effectively message against the president; on-camera media training; and an individualized communications and bracketing plan to take back to their states.