- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Physician Perry Haney, a former chiropractor, is gearing up to officially announce his candidacy for the 6th district’s Democratic nomination, according to the Colorado Statesman.
The winner of the primary will likely face Rep. Mike Coffman (R) in the general.
Haney’s slogan on his website is, “There’s nothing wrong with Congress that a spine doctor with a backbone can’t cure.”
Last week, former state Speaker Andrew Romanoff declined to run for the seat, and he endorsed state Rep. Joe Miklosi. So far, Miklosi is off to the strongest start among the Democrats.
The 6th district was dramatically changed during redistricting. The once-safe Republican seat has become highly competitive and a prime target for a Democratic pickup this cycle.
Correction: Dec. 27, 2011
An earlier version of this article incorrectly identified Haney's current profession.